Thursday, June 12, 2008

MY SPACE OR YOURS

Ok, so the book I am reading is full of daily writing prompts for people who love to write and want to work on their skills. When I get a chance, I am going to start a new blog page strictly for
that and keep THIS one for my true blogging. Anyhoo, the book suggested starting a MySpace
or a blog to help wanna-be authors get their thoughts down consistently and then maybe get some constructive criticism and friendly feed back. Cool. Sounds good. Let's do it.
um....ok

here I go

yup, this is really going to be GREAT!

so lets go with....


holy CRAP this is hard


Do I plunge into the
mystical
musical
bright lights
big boobs
small clothes
adolescent energy filled
testosterone ridden
adrenaline pumping
polka dot saturated
world of

MySpace


because somehow that does not seem like MY space. It's strictly for and about other people isn't it? I don't really know. All I have ever heard about it is that it's all about networking, making friends, finding lovers, and adding anybody to your "friends" list that might NOT fall under the general catogories

child molester
child stalker
stalker in general
loner
creepy loner
VERY creepy loner
wierd guy who lives down the street
crazy person looking to add as many friends as possible
married man looking for something different
married woman looking for anyone who will listen

That's really all I have ever heard about MySpace. And then there's the problem that my daughter, one of my sisters and lots of my friends have their own space on MySpace.... and I run into the possibility that any or ALL of them might "find me out". My daughter (and all her friends) would read my writing and wonder WTF?

"OMG your BM iz waaay OTT and she is like a crazy person and you need to like GTF out of there like RIGHT NOW, OMG!"

I'm thinking that would not be good for our all around normal family life!

THEN...

I wondered how difficult it would be to find the old blog that I had a couple years ago. It seemed way less drama and more personal. Definitely more private. And I have this weird idea that I would rather "connect" with people instead of "network". Networking seems to indicate an uncomfortable social atmosphere which I try to avoid whenever possible!

I am sure there are a lot of bloggers who also have MySpace and I am sure they love it. But its not for me. I need a spot to feel comfortable as I am spewing all over whether it be

good

bad

raw and uncensored

unabashed

personal

and lacking polka dots!

OMG M LMAO

ciao!


No comments: