Thursday, July 17, 2008

911---- MY SON IS MISSING!

For real. The young, innocent brown-eyed boy i used to know

is gone, gone forever. Before you continue reading this

please take the time to go into my blog, "The

Musings of Mary Jane" and read the post called

"To the Moon and Back".



I'm serious....stop reading this and go find it, I'll wait.



OK..... THAT little boy is GONE!


The mean, mean thing called puberty came and

entered his mind, took over and is now dwelling

in his wee head. (Yes, I meant to say WEEEEEE

head!) He's plumb nuts!



It seems like I have waited his whole life for

the big event called PUBERTY! It's a lot like

waiting for your daughter to have her first

period; it's a step towards adulthood, minor

as it is. I told my daughter her whole life

that the day she started her period I would

take the day off (whether I was still in school

or had a job) and we would have a "girl-day"

doing fun stuff to celebrate. And we had a

really fun, really memorable day. I am glad

that I got to share that with her.



But how do you celebrate puberty?
I am the oldest of three girls...
so I don't know HOW to go about
bringing in THAT part of his life!
Do I send balloons? Do I ignore it?
As a mother am I even supposed
to participate? I don't know!

What I do know is that I love him more
than life itself and even though I miss the
little boy, I am proud to be the mother
of a young man. We tease him
endlessly about his cracking voice
but he loves the attention and his
brown eyes are as clear and happy
as they've always been. He is now
taller than me and in some ways I
miss my "baby" but it's fun to fit
into his growng arms and know that
no matter how tall he gets, or how
short I get when I am old....we
will still have a bond that runs deep...
and that no matter what,
I will be able to tell him that I love
him to the moon and back!

No comments: