Wednesday, July 2, 2008

SUPERHEROES

So I think I should have waited for a few more days before
I ran down the list of everything that's gone on in the last
couple weeks in my previous post.

My husband had a physical a week ago and his blood
work came back; he has high cholesterol. So instead
of researching the best food to feed the puppies I have
been researching the best things to feed my hubby.
Between the pups and Him, it sounds like I am going
to be spending lots of time in the kitchen. Which really
sucks because I hate to cook.

On the same day we found out that one of my
grandfathers has testicular cancer. Totally bites. I
always feel like I am still 21 but unfortunately I am
not. I keep getting older. My kids keep getting older.
My parents keep getting older.
My grandparents keep getting older.

I have only experienced two semi-major deaths
in my family which means that the rest of us are
all alive and well. Both sets of my grandparents
are in their late 70s to early 80s, so I have been
blessed. In fact my daughter was a fifth
generation child on one side so we were able to
pose for pictures with the young and old before
it was too late.

I know that cancer is not necessarily a death
sentence but it is SCARY no matter how you
look at it. I saw my grandpa last night and even
though he comes across as stoic and calm, you
can see that he's freaked out. It's very sad.

Anyway, I know that I definitely take life for
granted most of the time and I try NOT to.
I've always thought my husband was
invincible and that my grandpa was going
to live forever but in my mind I know thats
not true. My heart is telling me differently.

No comments: